Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Effective February 20, 2017
User Responsibilities and Restrictions on Use
- Link to this Site, including linking to the home page or any other page on the Site, without our express permission.
- Monitor, gather or copy any Content (as defined below) on this Site by using any robot, “bot,” spider, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool or any other automatic device, utility or manual process of any kind.
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark or other proprietary information (including, without limitation, any images, text or page layout).
- Engage in any activities through or in connection with this Site that seek to attempt to harm minors or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, threatening, harassing, and abusive or that violate any right of any third party.
- Attempt to circumvent the security systems of the Site in any way.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any CHSAA server.
- Attempt to use the Site for any purposes other than those intended by CHSAA, as determined by CHSAA in its sole discretion.
- Upload or submit any data or information that contains viruses or any other computer code, corrupt files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment.
- Engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to this Site or the proper operation of this Site. You also agree that, in using this Site, you will not impersonate any person or entity.
This Site’s overall “look and feel” and the various CHSAA emblems, rank insignia, logos, service marks, trademarks, and other brand indicia found on the Site are the exclusive property of the CHSAA and may not be used without the express written permission of the CHSAA. All other trademarks that may appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
Except as set forth in this paragraph, you may not copy, distribute, display, publicly perform, transmit, or broadcast the Content or use the Content to create derivative works or compilations without prior written consent from CHSAA. Furthermore, you may not collect, re-purpose or reuse any data or product listings contained in the Content; sell or attempt to sell the Content; exploit the Content for your own purposes; or make derivative use of the Site or its Content. You may download, print and use pages from the Site for your own personal informational, non-commercial purposes as long as (1.) you do not distribute or republish such information in any form, including digitally, and (2.) the copied pages reflect the original Site content in its unaltered form. All Rights Reserved.” If CHSAA becomes aware that you are using the Content for a purpose other than your personal, non-commercial use, then CHSAA (and/or its licensors) may seek any and all legal remedies it might have against you.
Request for Consent to Use Content
If you wish to use any of this Site’s Content for any purpose other than your individual review and individual educational purposes, please send a request with your proposed use to email@example.com so that we may evaluate your proposed use.
Unless required by law, the CHSAA will not be obligated to grant such requests and may approve or deny them at its sole discretion. Any approval of your request by CHSAA will be limited to a specific, enumerated use and conditioned upon your acceptance of additional reasonable terms and conditions, which will be established at the time of your request based on your intended use of the Content. In any event, you may not copy or mimic the design elements, “look and feel,” or layout of the Site. No approval or permission to use this Site’s Content will be effective unless made in writing by a duly authorized representative of CHSAA. Furthermore, CHSAA reserves the right to revoke its consent any at time.
If your request is granted, you assume all risks concerning the suitability and accuracy of the Content which you use. Some uses may require permission from a third party, and you are solely responsible for obtaining any such third-party permissions and paying any royalties that may be due as a result of your use.
Amendments and Corrections to Content
The Content and the functionality of the Site may be updated or changed at any time without prior notice. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or reliability of information appearing on the Site. The Site may contain errors and omissions relating to CHSAA’s programs, events, products, pricing, and/or availability. We reserve the right to correct or update errors or omissions and to change information at our discretion without prior notice. You agree not to rely on any Content created or posted by us. We also reserve the right to cancel an order for a product in the event of an error or omission in the description of such product, including incorrect pricing information, whether due to a typographical error, an error in information received from our suppliers, or otherwise. By using the Site, you agree to hold us harmless from any claims relating to errors or omission on our Site.
Limitation of Liability
Disclaimer of Warranties
This Site and all related services are provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis and with all faults, and the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with you. Except for the express warranties explicitly provided herein, neither we nor our partners, providers, make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Site, the Content, any information made available through the Site, or any transactions entered into by you through the Site. To the extent permitted by law, we and our partners and providers disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, accuracy, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and quiet enjoyment. Neither we nor our partners, providers or local councils warrant that use of the Site or any related services will be uninterrupted; available at any time or from any location; secure or error-free; or free of viruses or other harmful components. Neither we nor our partners, providers or local councils warrant that the Site will meet your requirements or that any defects will be corrected. Furthermore, neither we nor our partners, providers or local councils make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the Site, or as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of any information available on or through the Site.
You understand and agree that your access and use of the Site is at your own risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer or system or loss or data that may result from use or downloading any Content or other material or data from the Site.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Site shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Policy for Claims of Infringement of Copyrighted Material
If you believe that material is posted on the Site in a manner that infringes your copyright, please notify us by providing the following information in writing to the address below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the allegedly infringed copyright or such owner’s authorized representative.
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at issue, a list of such works.
- A description of the material on the CHSAA site that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- The address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Address for notice:
Compton High Alumni Association
P.O. Box 5146
Compton, CA 90224
Who we are
Our website address is: https://comptonhighalumni.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.